Daily Hobby Update

Today was the second and final day at rotomagus tournament.

The morning game I had to figth my good friend Quentx. The game objective was to control some loot counters, while defending one in your starting area which is worth 2 points to your opponent and nothing for you. As usual, despite their low speed, dwarves are really tough to fight as they have very good nerve and/or armor. Routing any unit require a huge investment and require you to commit many resources. I started the game by loosing my favorite bait - the assassin. This allowed to get a double charge on Sveri Egilax, the berserker living legend. The game was long and hard, but I managed to win turn 6 despite having lost more points than my opponent. The attrition was in favor of Kentx, and I scored a 14-6.

At this point I had to play another dwarf player which was also undefeated until now. We had to play a scenario with 7 obectives, 1 worth 3 points, 2 worth 2 points, and tje remining 4 worth 1 point. This second dwarf army was even harder to kill than the previous one. The core of the army  included 2 steel behemoth led by the legendary one, Goloch's thunder. I lost the game on three critical failures.
While flank charging brook riders with my hackpaws turn 3, I only did 7 wounds. At the same time the blight regiment did what was expecred, but the brock riders remained as 13 wound, including the one the assassin did were.not enought. This make me unable to then.finish the remaining steel behemot and make my demonspawn unable to reform properly. This clearly mitigated the joy of killing the legendary behemot on a flank cjarge with my demon spawn. I so lost the left flank here. Later, my schock troops with brew of strenght only did 8 wound and the third behemot on a flank charge... It was still wavered, but dwarves do not pay attention to such things, and it's Headstrong test was successful, allowing him to free the way of a horde waiting behind, multicharging my horde. This lost me the other flank... Last but not least, my demonspawn failed to kill a berseker brock rider already having suffered 4 wounds. Bad luck...there is a dward horde behind you!
To add insult to injury I rolled 6 to decide whether or not we would have to play another turn. This allowed my opponent which played first to finish my demonspawn, and my 2 remaiining horde, scoring 2000 kill points on 2000 while I only scored 750...
Final result : 1-19.

My rank on the tournament finally is 4. Despite havong only lost 1 game, attrition points allowed kentx to get 1 point advantage...

Though of the day : dwarves staying power is really good in attrition based ranking system. Steel behemot should have defense 5, they currently are too reliable both at range and in melee for a 50mm wide unit.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hobby Update

Daily Hobby Update

Hobby Update