Daily Hobby Update

Today I attended at the first day of the Rotomagus tournament in Rouen.

The first round I played a Varangur army. The scenario (control?) split the battlefield in six parts and challenge you to control more than your opponent at the end of the last turn. The game was hard and I only won on the very last dice roll of the game were my opponent failed to rout my horde with a Skald. He rolled the 2 dice and got 5... where a 6 would have been enough to win.

The second game I played a brotherhood player. Rat of the match was my assassin which hold the line against a charge of flying monstrous cavalry on a snake eye moral test and stayed alive to the end of the battle. I outplayed my opponent during deployement. This allowed me to take a good advantage. The scenario required to have more unit in the opponent area at tje end of tje game than he has in yours. With only 1 flying monster alive at the end of the game, my opponent had a hard time. The game was so one sided at the start that I did a huge mistake thinking it was already done. While it did not.cost me the game, I lost attrition points here.

The third game of the day was against an unusal undead army featuring a revenenant king on a horse, another one on a winged snake, and last but not least, Apaphys, Champion of Death. We played scavenge and I won by a confortable margin. Until turn 3 the game was kinda lame as we both had not enough power to wipe the other army in frontal fight so we wera staying face to face on the left and in the middle arround the middle loot generators ( chests ? ).  However, my opponent lost it's mind and charged under bloodlust rage. However it missed that my blight had the ensnare rule. This added to the forest charge malus made Apaphis and the werewolves unable to kill them, letting the undead in a difficult situation... I did my better score of the day here thabks to this errors which allowed me to get 2 more attrition points.

First day tough : Assassin if correctly supported is really fun and usefull to play.

On a side note some player came with beautifull armies.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daily Hobby Update

Hobby Update

Hobby Update